Homebodies Around London - The Chelsea Physic Garden
Now that lockdown is starting to become a bit more relaxed, places are beginning to open up again and activities are becoming available. This is super exciting for us all as it will restore a sense of normality once more.
At Homebodies, we have discovered The Chelsea Physic Garden, London’s oldest Botanical Garden, established in 1673! We have devised a list of events and super exciting things to do there, all happening in August, and we are giving you plenty of time to plan and book ahead. We would love to hear all about it if you go, so please send us your photos if you make it there!
1. Garden Safari: this is a day of discovery about the incredible world of animals, plants and ecology. It is suitable for ages 4+, on Tuesday the 4th of August at 10:30am-12pm or 1-2:30pm and it costs £12.00 each
2. Botanical Candles and Soaps: this entails a day of soap and candle making. You will be able to learn more about these traditional crafts and natural ingredients used. You also get to enjoy experimenting with a variety of fragrances to create your own original soap and candle. Suitable for ages 12+, on Thursday the 6th of August at 10:30am and it costs £17.00 each
3. Chocolate Tuesday: your little ones will get to learn about the history, geography and science of chocolate and celebrate this special plant-based food. There will be craft activities, a Garden tour, chocolate tasting and the chance to make your own mixtures to take home with you. This is suitable for ages 6-11, on Tuesday the 11th of August at 10:30am and it costs £17.00 each
4. Dinner with Dinosaurs: Studio Cultivate Play Green are back with a classic treat. You will be able to use the Garden map and dino profiles to find the living fossils that these magnificent reptiles wolfed down for breakfast, lunch and dinner. This is suitable for ages 5-12, on Thursday the 13th of August at 10:30am and it costs £17.00 each
5. Studio Cultivate Play Green Presents – The Spice of Life: New to 2020, join Studio Cultivate on a journey to faraway lands in search of botanical treasures worth more than gold. This is suitable for ages 5-12, on Thursday the 20th of August at 10:30am and it costs £17.00 each
6. Studio Cultivate Play Green Presents – The Spice of Life: join Studio Cultivate on a voyage of discovery to faraway lands, following in the footsteps of plant hunters in search of botanical treasures worth more than gold. This is suitable for ages 5-12, on Friday the 21st of August at 10:30am and it costs £17.00 each
We are sure your family will be looking forward to events like the ones listed above so make sure you book as soon as you can! Remember to stay safe and still follow the rules and regulations. Please click on the link below – all credit goes to The Chelsea Physic Garden.